Astarte Medical is the only precision medicine company using software and predictive analytics to improve outcomes during the first 1,000 days of life. With an initial focus on preterm infants, Astarte Medical supports feeding protocols, practice and decision-making in the neonatal ICU with a suite of digital tools and diagnostics designed to standardize feeding, optimize nutrition and quantify gut health. We have compiled a proprietary dataset combining feeding practices, longitudinal development and the population of the gut microbiome. Utilizing machine learning on this unique dataset will allow us to develop a digital diagnostic tool, the first to quantify a vital sign for the current health of the gut and a predictive tool for the gut heath state in the near-term future.
If you’re interested in connecting and learning about potential opportunities, you can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technical Business Analyst
Please only apply to this position if you have the ability to work full-time, are in the
Greater Philadelphia area, are a US Citizen, have your Green Card or Long Term Visa.
Astarte Medical is a clinical intelligence company using software and predictive analytics to improve outcomes for children with medical complexity. Astarte Medical supports standardized care protocols, care planning and decision-making in acute, complex care settings with a suite of digital tools and diagnostics designed to optimize care and outcomes for vulnerable patient
populations when there is great opportunity to impact long-term health. Astarte Medical’s first tool, NutritionIQ®, is an EMR-integrated, clinical decision support tool addressing critical, unmet needs in the neonatal ICU (NICU) like malnutrition, suboptimal growth, and racial disparities in care. With a national focus on health equity, studies continue to reveal disparate health conditions in women and babies of color. We are expanding our product portfolio to include NutritionIQ_CHD, real-time clinical decision support solution that enables Cardiovascular ICU clinical care teams to standardize pre and post op enteral nutrition guidelines and care plans for children undergoing surgery for congenital heart defects. To learn more, please visit: www.astartemedical.com.
- The NutritionIQ® Platform Overview
The NutritionIQ Platform is focused on using software, data, and predictive analytics,
initially for preterm infants in the NICU to revolutionize care and dramatically improve
- Preterm infants face significant challenges, which include: (1) 50% Growth Failure, (2)
Greater Risk of Allergy, Asthma and Obesity and (3) >40% Neurodevelopmental Delays
- The NutritionIQ platform utilizes a comprehensive and proprietary set of high-fidelity clinical data that integrates feeding protocols and clinical information to provide real-time decision support for clinical teams.
- The NutritionIQ suite of products provides actionable information in real time, enabling
hospitals and clinical teams to standardize care protocols, and provide more equitable
care for all infants.
- NutritionIQ is the only enteral feeding protocol audit and monitoring solution that
measures adherence to a hospital’s protocol, either as a historical snapshot or ongoing,
and correlates it to preterm infant outcomes.
- NutritionIQ is the only real-time feeding decision support tool to standardize the practice
of feeding, reduce documentation time and streamline workflow in the NICU. NutritionIQ
supports best practices and helps ensure consistent delivery of care through real-time
alerts and a point of care interface, resulting in reduced length of stay.
- NutritionIQ facilitates research by academics, clinicians and Astarte Medical staff by
liberating EMR data, pre-processing it and presenting it via a tool with deep extensibility
with regards to cohort creation, metric analysis and organization.
Astarte Medical Headquarters, Compensation and Benefits Overview
- Our redesigned headquarters at 10 N. Main Street is based in the beautiful Yardley, PA
downtown district and offers access to restaurants and cafes, various fitness facilities,
and boutique shopping options .
- Yardley SEPTA Station at 13 Reading Avenue in Yardley, PA is 0.7 miles from our offices.
- Our salary and bonus will match and or exceed your prior skills, industry knowledge and experience and we give our employees a flexible work schedule. We currently offer a
hybrid schedule of 3 days per week in the office, 2 days per week remote.
- We offer full benefits to our employees including medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- Equity Option Participation – any new hires would be offered options and there is
considerable upside opportunity in the equity and options. They will be subject to a
standard vesting schedule. We will review everything with you during the interview
- Opportunity to grow and expand your career – into roles that interest you, best fit your abilities and give you the opportunity to see what you are building is improving the lives of infants.
We are seeking a Technical Business Analyst who will work alongside the operations and engineering teams, supporting client implementations of our clinical decision support platforms.
Domain expertise will be developed on the job, with client interaction and project management skills being put into use. This role will also support internal data curation, analysis, and
reporting, as well as support sales and account management with customer demos, meetings,
- Exhibit a high degree of proficiency for existing clinical workflow and documentation and
quickly develops proficiency for application of the NutritionIQ platform.
- Capture and process customer data, including cleansing, data entry, verification, filing,
and protection of information – high attention to detail required.
- Analyze clinical data to align to client workflow and ensure that technical documentation
and reports are processed.
- Assist Operations in developing logical, detail-oriented project plans and estimates,
including implementation timeframe, resources estimates.
- Provide quality assurance and technical documentation for development of applications.
- Finalize all documentation of procedures, standards, and methodologies for the proper
maintenance of databases and transfers of data.
Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Process clinical data, including entry, verification, filing, and protection of information.
- Organize and analyze clinical data to prepare for use in future machine learning models.
- Ensure proper documentation of database, source files, ontologies, measurements, and
- Support research initiatives including drafting abstracts, sourcing data, providing
background research and participating in final presentation preparation.
Operations and Sales Support:
- Communicate with medical personnel to determine clinical needs, data interpretation,
and other requirements.
- Analyze workflows, requirements gathering, and documentation for internal design and
future development projects.
- Support sales efforts internally and externally, provide product demos and training, as
- Train hospital and medical staff on how to use the application and document data
correctly for future analysis.
- 2-3 years prior experience as a technical or business analyst or consulting, specifically
performing business optimization, problem-solving, and strategic solutioning, with
healthcare/nutrition industry experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM discipline or a healthcare-related field.
- Ability to work dynamically with frequently changing timelines/priorities.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability
to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Participate as an active and contributing team member in meetings.
- Familiarity with both lean and agile methodologies, Jira, and Confluence.
- A desire to participate in the feature specification and application design process. Create
clear requirements, document and support test criteria and participate in quality
management to include application quality assurance.
- Statistical experience desired.
- Excel and general MS Office experience is a must.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The video below that provides a brief overview of the problem we are solving: